Riwne

Rivne (also spelled Rovno) is a city and administrative center of Rivne region standing on Ustye River. Rivne is a highway and railway junction and has an airport.

Rivne was first time mentioned in 1282 as a town of Galytsko-Volynskoye princedom. From the second half of the 14th century Rivne was ruled by Lithuania. At the end of the 15th century Magdeburg Law was adopted in Rivne.

According to Lyublin union of 1569 Rivne passed to Poland and was long a minor Polish settlement. In 1648 there was an anti-feudal revolt.

In 1793 on the first partition of Poland Rivne passed to Russia. Rivne was made a town in 1797. The growth began at the end of the 19th century when Rivne became an important railway junction.

In February 1918 Rivne was occupied by Austro-German troops, between 1920 and 1939 Rivne reverted to Poland. With the beginning of World War II the city was captured by Soviet army and became the part of Ukrainian SSR.

Previously Rivne industries were of minor significance. In the 1960s industries developed greatly, especially machine-building and metal processing. Chemical industries are also developed in Rivne city. There are the biggest textile industry works and other foodstuffs in Rivne.

 
Über uns Ukraine Hotels Transport MICE Touren und Ausflüge
 
© 2011-2017 SKY GROUP